A business validation error has occurred while processing your request Business Validation Error: You must select a client for each split line that is billable
This error occurs when the billable box in the customer/job field on a bill is selected and the field is not needed; this typically occurs when bills sync to Bill.com from Tallie, and the billable box was checked in Tallie by mistake.
First, check in Bill.com to see if Customers/Jobs are enabled for Payables. If not, please do the following to enable:
- Hover over the Gear Icon, and then click Settings
- Under Accounting, click Preferences
- Look for setting, Use Customers/Jobs in Payables
- If set to NO, click the Edit Icon, set to YES, and Save
Once enabled, go to the bill in question and click the Edit icon on the bill.
Click the 'Customer: Job' field on each line of the bill and confirm if the Billable field is checked. If yes, please uncheck the billable box on each applicable line item and save the bill, then sync.
- If the billable box does not appear, it is because there are no Customers listed in Bill.com. Add a customer in Bill.com by following the steps below, and then edit the bill; the billable box will then appear.
- Click the Receivables tab
- Click Customers
- Click New
- Complete the required fields, and save.
If these steps do not fix the error, please reach out to Customer Support for assistance.