The US Postal Service states that checks outside of the U.S. typically arrive in 2-3 weeks.
The arrives by date in Bill.com for an international check payment is based on the following US Postal Service guidelines:
- Canada and Mexico: 10 business days from the process date
- All other international addresses: 15 business days from the process date
Since international mail is processed by both the US Postal Service and the vendors local postal service, there can be delivery delays outside the guidelines provided above. The US Postal Service does not guarantee delivery dates within their guidelines.
Review the vendor address to ensure it is accurate. If accurate, it is quite possible that the check has been misrouted or even lost in international routing.
There are three options to consider:
- Continue to wait for the vendor to present the check for payment
- Request to void the check and reissue a new check payment
- Request to void the check and credit the funds back to the bank account