Bill.com Vendor Direct offers you a free digital alternative to paying by check and delivers faster payments to your vendor. This digital alternative uses card technology. Vendors that accept virtual card payments will be paid with a single-use Mastercard card number for your payments in lieu of a check.
What is a virtual card?
- Virtual card capabilities, that allow creation of a one-time use account number, have been available in the larger credit card industry for over 15 years to allow for more purchasing control and added security.
- Virtual card payments constitute a 16-digit, one time use token created to facilitate payment of a single supplier invoice.
- The virtual card number can only be used once and generally for the exact amount of the invoice. It also has a specific expiration date.
- No physical card is involved, no card numbers are stored
- Suppliers who accept virtual card payments authorize and settle them just like any other Visa, Mastercard, AMEX or Discover card
Benefits for a Bill.com customer
- Vendor Direct transactions do not incur any transaction fees
- Faster payment arrival to suppliers
- Adds a widely-accepted electronic payment option that many suppliers accept
- No change in the worfklow that you use today
Benefits for your Suppliers/Vendors
- Faster application of receivables
- More control over process compared to checks
- A payment method that works within their current internal processes, is secure, and eliminates the labor costs associated with processing checks
For more information, please visit the Bill.com Vendor Direct - Frequently asked questions