If needing to enter bills in foreign currency, multi-currency can be enabled in Bill.com accounts syncing with QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks for Windows, Xero or Intacct without multi-currency on in the accounting software.
For new accounts, not under a console & not syncing with NetSuite, created after 2/8/19, this feature is already enabled.
If syncing with NetSuite, contact Support to have the feature enabled.
- Multi-Currency must be enabled in NetSuite to be able to use Multi-Currency in Bill.com
Things to know about Multi-Currency
- Multi-Currency can only be enabled by Administrator users
- Once Multi-Currency is enabled, it cannot be disabled
- If you do not have Multi-Currency enabled in your accounting software, you will need to enter vendors, bills and payments manually in your accounting software
- Multi-Currency is not supported with recurring bills setup or auto pay
- Payments can be made from your USD bank accounts. The USD equivalent for your foreign currency bills will be shown to you at the time of payment and your bank account will be debited the USD dollar amount.
- For any existing vendor record that has USD bills associated with it, a new vendor record will need to be created in order to enter foreign currency bills. Vendor records with different billing currencies cannot be merged.
- Bill.com does not allow bills with different currencies to be associated with the same vendor record
- Hover over the gear icon, click Settings
- Click Features under Your Account with Us
- Click Use it next to Multi-Currency
- Read Things to know about Multi-Currency
- Click Enable Multi-Currency
- Click Continue
Enabling from Accountant console
For accounts under an accountant's console and billed to console, the accountant handles all Bill.com fees, contact a Console Admin to enable the feature.
- Log into Bill.com
- Click Manage Console
- Hover over Features, click Multi-Currency
- Click Use it next to the client that needs multi-currency