In QuickBooks for Windows (QBW):
- A customer is anyone who pays you for goods or services
- Invoices created under customers are listed under customers.
- A job is a specific project or scope of work that you want to track.
- Invoices created under jobs are listed under the job as well as the Customer.
- A customer will sync as a customer record
- Customer invoices sync to the customer record
- A job (sub-customer) will sync as a separate customer record
- Job invoices sync only to the job (sub-customer) record
- Jobs are listed as sub-customers of customers. An invoice created under the job is visible under both the customer and the job. In this example, invoice #15
- The invoice will only sync to the job (sub-customer) record, and not be visible under the customer.