For audit and security purposes, once a bill is entered into Bill.com, the system will store it indefinitely. If this document is no longer needed in Bill.com, it can be deactivated.
Deactivate a bill
- Locate the bill
- Find specific bills by clicking Payables > Bills, and locating it from the list, or by navigating to the vendor's page (search for the vendor, or click Payables > Vendors), and scrolling down to the Bills section
Deactivate a document
- Click "Documents"
- Click the name of the document to deactivate
- Click Delete/Deactivate (trash can icon)
Things to know
- To deactivate a bill or document, the user must have manage bill/document permissions. Standard roles that have this permission are Administrator, Accountant, and Clerk
- A paid bill cannot be deactivated
- A deactivated bill can be reactivated by choosing "Show inactive bills" and clicking on the trash can icon
- A deactivated document can be found in the inbox history