As a small business directed to Bill.com by one of your vendors to pay your bill, signing up for a free Basic Payables account has tons of benefits. Use the Network to connect with more vendors who already use Bill.com to accept payments online! We offer document storage, bill and payment management, and access to our award-winning mobile app (available for iOS and Android) to pay bills on the go!
Setting up a Basic Payables account
- In the email received from the vendor, click Pay Invoice Electronically
- Create a password, and make the other required selections
- For a free Basic Payables account, select Business
- As an individual/consumer, we recommend selecting Individual
- Note: In order to remain compliant with laws and regulations surrounding money movement, a Tax ID is required
- For security purposes, we'll ask a short series of questions from information on public records to for identity verification, beginning with name and address
- IMPORTANT: Ensure use of full first and last name, and home address (usually what's used on a Driver's License). If the name entered in Bill.com isn't the full first and last name, click Update my legal name. The system will return to this page after making any necessary changes.
- Enter the online banking credentials for the bank account
- Note: The availability of this option depends on the particular bank. It may not be an available option for all users
- In the Bill.com account, hover over the gear icon
, and then click Settings
- Under Your Company, click Bank Accounts
- Click the bank account number
- Click Verify Account
- Enter the test transaction amount
- Click Verify
Once the bank account is established and verified using one of the methods above, payments can be made through Bill.com from the Pay screen!
Things to know
The free Basic Payables account can also be used to pay vendors who don't use Bill.com! Learn more here: