The sync with Xero eliminates double data entry by automatically sending all your information to Bill.com from Xero, and sending back payments made/received in Bill.com.
Here’s how sync can enable you to seamlessly integrate payments in your workflow:
By default, your account syncs automatically, once a day. You can also trigger a sync manually at any time.
Things to Know
- All payments must be made/recorded in Bill.com. If you make or receive payments outside of Bill.com, remember to return to Bill.com and mark the bill/invoice as paid.
- Only unpaid invoices in Xero will sync to Bill.com. Draft, partially- and fully-paid bills/invoices won't sync to Bill.com.
- Bill.com doesn’t sync file attachments to/from Xero
- While Items are a two-way sync, Sales Tax is still one way from Xero to Bill.com
- All unpaid bills and invoices from Bill.com sync to Xero as Awaiting Payment
- $0 bills will sync from Bill.com to Xero as Paid.
- AR payments in Bill.com will only sync to Xero if applied to an invoice; overpayments/unapplied payments will not sync to Xero.
- When initially creating locations and departments, those will sync from Xero to Bill.com and/or Bill.com to Xero. Updates to these items will sync between both systems. Deletions made to these items, however, will not sync in either direction, they must be done in Bill.com manually.
- If using approvals in Xero, once a bill is approved in Xero it can not be deleted, it can only be voided. Voiding an approved bill in Xero will not sync to Bill.com. The bill will need to be manually deleted in Bill.com.