The sync with Xero eliminates double data entry by automatically sending all your information to Bill.com from Xero, and sending back payments made/received in Bill.com.
Here’s how sync can enable you to seamlessly integrate payments in your workflow:
By default, your account syncs automatically, once a day. You can also trigger a sync manually at any time.
Things to Know
- All payments must be made/recorded in Bill.com. If you make or receive payments outside of Bill.com, remember to return to Bill.com and mark the bill/invoice as paid.
- Only unpaid invoices in Xero will sync to Bill.com. Draft, partially- and fully-paid bills/invoices won't sync to Bill.com.
- Bill.com doesn’t sync file attachments to/from Xero
- While Items are a two-way sync, Sales Tax is still one way from Xero to Bill.com
- All unpaid bills and invoices from Bill.com sync to Xero as Awaiting Payment
- $0 bills will sync from Bill.com to Xero as Paid.
- AR payments in Bill.com will only sync to Xero if applied to an invoice; overpayments/unapplied payments will not sync to Xero.
- When initially creating locations and departments, those will sync from Xero to Bill.com and/or Bill.com to Xero. Updates/deletions made to these items, however, will not sync from Xero to Bill.com. They must be done in Bill.com manually.