From NetSuite to Bill.com
- If a bill is created from a PO, it will sync to Bill.com
- Do not edit the line items of these bills in Bill.com; doing so will unlink the bill from its PO in NetSuite. The Description field for the line item in Bill.com will notify you if the bill is connected to a PO in NetSuite.
- If a bill is partially or fully paid in NetSuite, it will not sync from NetSuite to Bill.com
- If the currency for a bill is not USD (US dollars,) it will not sync from NetSuite to Bill.com, unless Multi-Currency is enabled in both Bill.com and NetSuite.
From Bill.com to NetSuite
- Bills in NetSuite can be classified both in the general section of the bill, as well as the line items of the bill. Bill.com only supports classifications in the line items of a bill.
- When bills sync from Bill.com to NetSuite, the general section of the bill will use whatever is set as the Default Payables classification in the Bill.com Preferences record.
- To make it easier to reclassify these records (as needed), you can create a department, location, and/or class called “Unclassified”, or “Uncoded”, or something similar, and set that as your Default Payables classification. This will allow you to run a report to isolate the bills that need to be reclassified.
- If you are using NetSuite’s “Only Sync Approved Bills/Credits” is checked, bills will not sync to NetSuite unless their Approval Status is Approved.
- When bills sync to NetSuite with this enabled, their status will automatically be set as “Approved” in NetSuite.
- Once a bill is approved in Bill.com and syncs to NetSuite, changes to the approval status will not sync.