Bill.com allows the option to Import Non-Transaction data.
- Non-transaction records are:
- Chart of Accounts
- Import non-transaction records before importing transaction records.
- The import is able to create and update records by checking the following fields (called Key Fields):
- Vendor Name*
- Customer Name*
- Chart of Account:
- Account Number
- Location Name*
- Location ID*
- Parent Location ID
- Job Name*
- Job ID*
- Parent Job ID
- Class ID*
- Parent Class ID
- The import works by checking Key Fields in Bill.com for a record to update. If no matching record is found, a new record is created. If more than one field is listed for a record, both fields must match the record in Bill.com before the Import will try to update that record.
Fields with an asterisk (*) are REQUIRED.
- Make sure all Key Fields in the Import file are unique, otherwise an error will occur. For example, attempting to import multiple Vendors with the same Vendor Name will result in an error. When a record type has more than one Key Field, the combination must be unique - for example, you may have Accounts with the same Account Name as long as they have different Account Numbers.
- If a field in the Import file matches more than one record in Bill.com when creating or updating during an import, it will result in an error
- If you leave a column blank in the import, it will ignore that field when importing.
- If an import fails, click the View link in the Action column to get more information, and download a .CSV Error Report.
For more information about importing a specific record type, you can review the attributes page for each record -