Storing Credit Card Receipts
- Send each credit card receipt to the Bill.com Inbox
- In the Inbox, on each credit card receipt, click Create a New Bill
- In the Bill details, enter information about the receipt and click Save
- Note: If another user handles bill payments: in "Notes to payers/approvers" field, alert payer to mark bill as already paid (even though it hasn't actually been paid yet)
Next time sync is initiated, these credit card transactions will be posted directly to the credit card account in the accounting software.
Recording Bills Paid via Credit Card
- Send the credit card bill to the Bill.com Inbox
- In the Inbox, on the credit card bill, click Create a New Bill
- In the Bill details, enter information about the credit card bill
- Code the bill, selecting the credit card account that has been designated for credit card receipts
- Click Save
- Go to Payables > Pay
- Select the credit card bill
- Pay the bill via Bill.com (set up ePayment with the credit card provider, who is available in the Bill.com electronic payments directory)
Next time sync is initiated, this bill payment will balance the receipts in the credit card account in the accounting software.