With just a few mouse clicks in Bill.com, you will be able to export transactions (bills and payments) from Bill.com to Write-Up CS. The transactions are available to be exported using cash-basis reporting : the summary report rolls up the transactions by account for the selected reporting period, while the detail report will have details of the each payment for the selected reporting period.
To export Bill.com transactions to Write-Up CS:
- In the upper right, hover over the gear icon, then click Settings
- Under Sync, click Import/Export
- On the Sync page, click Setup account preferences
- On the Preferences page, click the edit icon
- Select the accounts to use when exporting transactions:
- For Accounts Payable Account, select the account you use to keep track of bills you owe. If you run your business on a cash-basis, select a suspense account like "Ask your Accountant"
- For Bill.com Money Out Clearing Account, select the account to use to post Bill.com payment transactions. You will need to create this clearing account yourself in your Thomson Reuters Write-up CS client file. This account will be useful for your bank reconciliation.
- For Default Bank Account, select the account to use to post payments made outside of Bill.com.
- For Unallocated Expenses Account, select the expense account in your accounting system to use when the account allocation is missing or is not clear. This can be an expense account called "Suspense" or "Misc Expense" or "Uncategorized".
- Both these reports use cash-basis reporting: the summary report rolls up the transactions by account for the selected reporting period, while the detail report will have details of each payment for the selected reporting period