Make sure vendors receive your bill payments on time and credit you: allow time for the US Mail and/or for vendors to physically process your payments. We strongly recommend you schedule the Process Date of bill payments sufficiently ahead of their Due Date.
Sometimes, however, a payment may need to get to a vendor as soon as possible -- faster than our normal payment timing will allow. Bill.com offers expedited payment timing for these kinds of situations -- the perfect solution to get checks and ePayments to your vendor quickly and reliably. Learn more here: Pay Bills Faster
Scheduling Bill Payments
- Hover over Payables, and then click Pay.
- From the list, select the bills you're paying.
- Review each Payment Amount and Process Date to make sure you'll have enough money in your bank account
- Review each Arrives by date to make sure payments will reach your vendors by the Due Date.
- Note: Checks will always show Est. Arrival, since we cannot guarantee a delivery date for normal, non-expedited USPS delivery.
- Click Pay
- On the Payment Confirmation page, you can click Edit Memo Field(s) to customize the Memo fields for these payments if necessary.
Things to know
- The Process Date is when we withdraw money from your bank account to pay your bills. The Due Date is when your vendor expects payment. By default, we use a lead time of five business days between a bill's Process Date and Due Date.
- To change the default lead time for all your bill payments
- Hover over the gear icon , and then click Settings.
- Click Payables > Preferences
- Change the Lead Time
- Click Save
- Hover over Payables, and then click Vendors
- From the list, select the vendor
- Click the edit icon
- Change their Lead Time
- Click Save