|There was an error when modifying a Vendor Customer & list, element "XXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXXX". QuickBooks error message: Cannot merge list elements|
This error occurs when the name of the record was edited to a name that already exists on either the Vendor, Customer, Employee, or "Other Names" list within QuickBooks. QuickBooks does not allow for any two records to have the same name. For example, if you have a Vendor named Acme Bakery, you can not also have a Customer with the same name of Acme Bakery.
- If there is a duplicate record in Bill.com, contact Bill.com Customer Support for assistance with merging.
- If there is an existing record with the name in the same list in QuickBooks, change the name slightly in Bill.com (for example: add an asterisk to the end of the vendor name). Once you sync the record, you can edit the name in QuickBooks to remove the asterisk or extra characters you added and QuickBooks will prompt you to merge it.
- If you cannot find an existing record in the same list in QuickBooks, it's likely that the name is in a different list in QuickBooks (Vendors, Customers, Employees or Other Names).
- Edit the name slightly in Bill.com by adding an asterisk or other character and syncing. Suggestion: You can always append a vendor name to include "- Vendor" at the end if the same name appears on your customer or employee list as an example.
- NOTE: As long as the "Pay To" field is accurate, your vendor will be paid correctly.