- Hover over Payables, and then click Vendors
- Click New
- Enter your vendor's name to add them to your vendor list. We'll also search for them in our network, and display any potential matches we find.
- Enter additional information to refine the search:
- Email Address
- Account Number
- ZIP code
- If they are in the network:
- Click Connect to send an invite.
- Smaller companies in the network will continue to receive check payments until they accept your invite.
- Large billers, like AT&T or Aetna, require an account number to connect. When you click Connect, you'll connect automatically.
- Click edit to add more information to the vendor record, such as:
- Tax ID
- 1099 Status
- Account Number
- ...and more
- If they aren't in the network, you have a few options:
- Enter their email address to invite them to set up a free account to receive ePayments from you.
- Click Enter their information manually to complete their vendor record.
- Click Done to review.
Things to know
- Be sure to add your Account Number to the vendor record. This is how your vendor will know how to apply your payment. Large billers require an account number.
- Make sure the vendor address is correct! Check payments will be delayed if an incorrect address is entered.
- If you sync with an accounting system, vendors will sync to Bill.com during your first sync
- If you don't sync with an accounting system or are using a Basic account, take a look at the Import Vendors article for instructions on bulk importing vendors
- Vendor invitations expire after 60 days
As of May 2019, payment addresses are required on all vendors for compliance reasons