Import Profiles allow users to import records into Bill.com without altering existing spreadsheet organization, or disrupting workflow. When uploading a file with unrecognized column headers, user will be prompted to map headers to the default fields in Bill.com - the Import Profile can then be saved, allowing users to quickly import files with the same headers in the future. This will make it faster and easier to export data from an external system and import it into Bill.com.
- Hover over the gear icon and click Settings
- Under Import/Export, click Import/Export
- Click the Import link for the record to import
- Choose a file to import that has column headers that differ from the default headers found in the Import Sample File for that record type
- Click Preview
- This will lead to the Import Profile Mapping page. Review the column headers in the file, and choose which of our headers they represent. Required fields are marked with an asterisk (*); be sure to map these or there will be an error
- Enter the name for this Import profile (Note: using the name of an existing Import Profile will overwrite the existing Profile)
- Choose whether this Profile is to be the default (future imports will use this by default)
- When finished, click Continue; future imports will be able to use the same headers
To edit an existing Import Profile, choose the Import Profile from the drop-down menu and click Modify.
For more information about each entity: