The following guidelines will help ensure that payments reach your vendors in a timely manner:
- Enter a complete and accurate address for your vendor.
- Enter an Account Number for every vendor for whom it is applicable
- When an Account Number isn't available, enter other information that will help your vendor to correctly post the payment.
- If you have several accounts with the same vendor, create one vendor record for each account, and append the vendor name with the last four digits of the account number, so you can tell them apart.
- Example: AT&T - 3456, AT&T - 5678
- The Pay To field can remain the same for all the vendor records.
- When using ePayments to pay an employee or independent contractor, always include their name in the Account Number field.
- Bill.com includes the invoice number with the payment. Make sure it matches, or includes information that will help the vendor to apply the payment toward the correct invoice.
- Bill.com includes the first page of the document on your check stub when sending a check for one payment. Make sure the first page of the document is the best one to include with the payment.