Please consider the following when syncing data between Bill.com and QuickBooks for Windows (QBW)
- Processing Payables
- Managing and paying bills should be done in Bill.com and synced to QBW
- Creation of bills or changes to bills in QBW will not sync to Bill.com
- Vendor Credits
- Updates made to a vendor credit in Bill.com will not sync to QuickBooks after the original version has synced.
- Vendor credits are not applied via the sync until a bill is paid in full
- If a vendor credit covers the full amount of a bill, the $0 payment from Bill.com which marks the bill as paid in full must sync to QBW for the vendor credit to be applied
- If a credit only covers part of a bill's balance, the credit will not be applied in QBW until the remainder of the bill is paid, even if the credit is applied in Bill.com.
- In this case, the credit(s) should not be manually applied in QBW or future payments will error upon syncing to the associated bill(s)
- Processing Receivables:
- Create invoices in Bill.com or QBW.
- Send invoices and record payments in Bill.com
- If an invoice is created in Bill.com, changes can be made in Bill.com until a sync is run.
- Once the invoice is synced to QBW, changes to the invoice can only be done in QBW
- Invoices live in QBW, invoicing (sending/processing payment) lives in Bill.com.
Note: Please note the following:
- Locations do not sync
- Automatic sync not available