The QuickBooks file is not available.
1. If this file has never been synced before, open the QuickBooks Company file. If prompted to allow Bill.com access to the company file, choose "Yes always; allow access even if QuickBooks is not running"
2. If your QuickBooks application is open but the open file is not what you selected, please either close QuickBooks or close the current Company file, and open the select file in QuickBooks.
This error occurs when syncing for one of several reasons:
- The opened QuickBooks file is not what is selected in the QuickBooks file field of the Profile Editor in the Bill.com Sync Dashboard
- In the Profile Editor, on the Please Confirm your QuickBooks company file screen, the Browse Button was clicked
- If you have previously synced, the QuickBooks file was moved to a different location
- Exit QuickBooks.
- In The Bill.com Sync Dashboard, Click OK on the Error Occured screen
- Click Cancel in the Profile Editor
- In the Bill.com Sync Dashboard, click New
- Open the QuickBooks file as the QB Admin user in Single User Mode
- Click Edit > Preferences
- On the left, click Integrated Applications
- Click Company Preferences
- Ensure the following is not checked
- Don't allow any applications to access this company file
- Notify the user before running any application whose certificate has expired
If these steps do not work for you, please contact Customer Support.