When first starting with the Bill.com service, allow 4 banking days for both ePayments and mailed checks. After 5 completed payments, payment timing will accelerate (for example, ePayments under $5,000 will arrive in 2 banking days). Once your payment timing has been accelerated, you'll also have access to Bill.com expedited payment options. Learn more about Paying Bills Faster.
Paying a bill
- Enter details on the bill and schedule a payment (Schedule a payment by 6 pm PT, and we'll start working on it the next banking day)
- We show you an expected arrival date for each payment
- Allow 4 banking days for the payment to be received by the vendor (faster after your first 5 completed payments)
- Check payments may take longer than 4 banking days to reach the vendor
- Banking days are Monday through Friday (excluding bank holidays)
- The Pay page will always show an "Arrives by" date for ePayments, and "Est. arrival" date for checks.
- Note: Check arrival dates for non-expedited payments are always shown as estimates, since we cannot guarantee USPS delivery times.
Things to know
When scheduling a payment via Bill.com, the earliest process date you can select is the next banking day (you cannot select the current date). Weekends and holidays don't count in the banking world; if the day you select is a bank holiday or weekend day, we will automatically push the process date to the next available banking day.
- Example: If you attempt to schedule a payment on Thanksgiving Day (Thursday), we will automatically make the process day Friday, which is not a bank holiday.
- If a weekend or bank holiday falls within the regular processing time for a payment, the payment will be delayed, since banks do not operate on those days. That delay will be reflected in the "Arrives By" Date.