- To pay bills, always use Bill.com instead of Intacct
- Even if printing checks in Intacct, use Bill.com's payment option Print check
- Use Bill.com to record bills that have already been paid outside of Bill.com
When syncing, corresponding payments will be created in Intacct
To delete any bills or vendor credits, deactivate them in Bill.com. The sync will delete the corresponding transaction in Intacct.
To remove a scheduled payment, cancel the payment in Bill.com. The sync will delete the corresponding transaction in Intacct.
To remove a payment that has already been paid, void the payment in Bill.com. The sync will delete the corresponding transaction in Intacct.
Approving Bills and Scheduling Payments
To approve bills and schedule payments using Bill.com, disable Intacct's payment approval (since Intacct's payment approval would be required after the payments are synced from Bill.com).
1. Click Accounts Payable
2. Click Configure Accounts Payable
3. Uncheck Enable AP payments approval if applicable
4. Click Save
When approving bills and choosing to print checks in Intacct. The sync will create the payment in Intacct as a payment request, and it will be available to be approved (if approval is enabled). The payment request will appear on the Print Checks page in Intacct.
Important . . . Do not merge any Chart of Account(s) used for offline payments. Merging will impact Offline Payments to be printed as Checks in Intacct.
Managing Vendor IDs
If manually managing Vendor IDs, new Vendor IDs in Intacct must be different than Vendor IDs that already exist. Do not duplicate vendor IDs.
Because the Vendor ID is a key field used for matching vendor records, if a duplicate Vendor ID is used for new Vendor a new vendor record will not be created in Bill.com. Instead, the new vendor record in Intacct will overwrite the existing Vendor ID in Bill.com.
Running 1099 Report
To run 1099 reports: before syncing, set up 1099 vendors and accounts in Bill.com. For all 1099 vendors, the bill line items associated with an account set as 1099 will be synced to Intacct as 1099 items (the form 1099 is set to true in Intacct for the line item). After sync, run 1099 reports in Intacct for your 1099 vendors.
Updating Sync Preferences
Ensure Sync Preferences are up to date in Bill.com. If an account that is selected in Sync Preferences is deleted, the sync preference must be updated or transactions will not sync over to Intacct.
Maintaining List Objects
Recommended best practice is to maintain list objects (vendors, chart of accounts, departments, customers) in either Bill.com or Intacct. If creating and/or editing on both side, there is a possibility of duplication.
Syncing for the first time
When setting up the sync for the first time and entering the "XML_Bill.com" user credentials in Bill.com, if an invalid/password error message appears, check the following information:
- Re-enter the "XML_Bill.com" login credentials in Bill.com
- Attempt to log into Intacct with the same login credentials. If able to log into Intacct, then the issue may be due to having an extra space at the end of the company ID for Intacct. For example, if your company id is "Company1", in Intacct it was originally entered as "Company1 ". Contact Intacct support in order to have the extra space removed out of the Company ID.
- Once the extra space has been removed, come back into Bill.com and update the login credentials