When a bank rejects the test transaction we send to verify the account, the bank account is marked as invalid and then inactivated in Bill.com. An email notification will be received by the user that set up the bank account. The email will contain a return code from the vendor's bank, giving the exact reason for the failure.
The reason can be found within Bill.com as well.
- Hover over the gear icon, click Settings
- Under Your Company, click Bank Accounts
- Click the bank account number that shows Invalid under Verification Status.
- Hover over details, click Audit Trail.
- In the Reason for Invalidating field, there will be a return code, along with the reason why the bank was invalidated
For more information, contact the bank's ACH (Automated Clearing House) Department, and provide them the details of the transaction.
Most common ACH Return Codes
Below are the top 5 most common ACH Return Codes. For more information, or if the code received isn't listed below, please contact the bank's ACH Department.
- Insufficient Funds - available balance is not sufficient to cover the dollar amount of the debit entry.
- Account Closed - previously active account has been closed by customer or customer's bank.
- No Account/Unable to Locate Account - account structure is valid and passes editing process, but does not correspond to individual or is not an open account.
- Account and/or its funds are currently not available.
- Corporate Customer Advises Not Authorized - RDFI has been notified by Receiver (non-consumer) that entry was not authorized.
We process ePayments via ACH (Automated Clearing House) and cannot deposit to some accounts, for example, accounts that do not accept ACH in CCD format. We send business bank to business bank files, which also work for personal accounts.