After installing the sync dashboard, the file path sync error occurs for several reasons:
- QuickBooks was not opened in Single User Mode by the QB Admin user
- QuickBooks was open when installing the sync dashboard.
- QuickBooks can't start because it is already running.
|Open the QuickBooks file file path and then sync again. If prompted to allow Bill.com access to the company file, choose "Yes Always Allow access even if QuickBooks is not running"|
- Click the File menu in QuickBooks. If the menu item reads "Switch to Multi-user Mode" then your are in single-user mode.
If more than one person uses the company file, make sure you are logged in as the QB Admin user.
- Click on Company Users > Setup > Users and Roles. If "(Admin) (logged on)"appears in the menu, then you are the QB Admin user.
Remove Bill.com as an integrated application in QuickBooks by doing the following:
- Navigate to Edit > Preferences > Integrated Applications > Company Preferences
- Select Bill.com, click Remove
- Ensure the following is not checked
- Don't allow any applications to access this company file
- Notify the user before running any application whose certificate has expired
- Click OK and exit QuickBooks
- In the Bill.com Sync Dashboard, click New.
- Open the QuickBooks file and log in as the QB Admin user.
Note: If an error is generated indicating: QuickBooks can't start because it is already running, then try the following:
- Open Quickbooks by right-clicking on the QuickBooks Icon on your desktop
- Select the option to "Run As Administrator"
- Return to the Bill.com Sync Dashboard Profile Editor, and click Next.
- When the QuickBooks - Application Certificate appears, select Yes, Always Allow access even if QuickBooks is not running, select "Admin" in the Login As drop down below that, and click Continue
- For Access Confirmation, click Done
- In the Sync Dashboard Profile Editor, enter your Bill.com login details and click Next
- Select the Bill.com company you will be syncing with, then click Finish.
- In the Bill.com Sync Dashboard, under Sync Profiles, select your Bill.com Company, then click Sync.
If these steps do not work for you, please contact Bill.com Customer Support.