|The account number is already in use|
When saving an accounts list, an error surfaces indicating the account number is in use. This error surfaces when a duplicate account in Bill.com and Quickbooks is encountered.
Merge the duplicate accounts as follows:
Note: When merging, you must keep the record that contains the integration ID
- Hover over the Gear icon and click Settings
- Click "Chart of Accounts" from the Accounting section
- Click Merge Duplicates
- This will displays the chart of accounts table with a selector column
- Note: Only two duplicates can be merged at a time. Multiple records require multiple merge steps.
After completing the merge, run the sync and the error should be resolved. If not, please contact Bill.com Customer Support.
If there is not a duplicate account:
- In QuickBooks, place an asterisk (*) in the account name
- Initiate a sync to pull the account in to Bill.com
- Merge the duplicate accounts in Bill.com per the instructions above and keep the record that sync'd from QuickBooks (the one with the asterisk)
Note: If an asterisk has been added to the account name, be sure to remove after testing is complete.