There are some PDFs that don't convert into an image. We work with a 3rd-party vendor to do this image conversion.
To view a file with No Viewer:
- Click View Original
- Select to open the file (or save to disk)
The file will open in a separate window.
Things to know
- The document needs to be less than 20MB in size
- Files can be stored in any format in Bill.com. The files that are automatically visible in the Inbox are the following: Adobe PDF (version 5.0 or later); Microsoft Word (version 97; 2003 or later); PowerPoint (version 97; 2003 or later); Excel (version 97; 2003 or later).
- To be able to preview the pages of the file in Bill.com , make sure that the file was saved as either a .pdf, .xls, .doc or .ppt file, and that the file name includes the file extension.
- If the file cannot be found on the default view of the Files Received page, it may not be in one of the above file formats
- For files with more than 250 pages, preview will only be available on the first 250 pages
- Limitations can occur, and documents/attachments can be stripped of data when they are auto forwarded to the inbox. It is recommended to email the document directly to the Bill.com inbox.
Invoices sent from QuickBooks Online
There are 2 ways that an invoice can be sent from QuickBooks Online (QBO):
- Invoice with a separate PDF attachment
- Invoice without a separate PDF attachment
An image of the invoice will only show up in the Bill.com Inbox if the invoice is sent with a separate PDF attachment.
When an invoice is sent without a separate PDF attachment, recipients will only get an HTML text version of the invoice. The Bill.com Inbox does not render HTML code, so all that is stripped when the email comes in.