To void a payment, a user's role must have Bank Account permissions:
- Custom User Role
If not in one of the roles listed, provide the following instructions to the user on the Bill.com account that paid the bill (see the payment audit trail).
A check payment can be voided after the process date prior to it being cashed.
An ePayment can be voided after the process date prior to it being disbursed to the vendor.
- Hover over Payables, click Payments
- Click History
- Locate the payment to be voided and click the Payment Confirmation Number
- Under Bill Payment Information, click Void this payment
- Select to Remit or Reissue
- Remit - the funds will be returned to the originating bank account
- Reissue - a new check using the same funds will be sent to the vendor
- Enter a reason for the void
- Click Submit Request
Once the payment is voided, the payment will not be valid and cannot be cashed.