Salesforce.com is cloud-based Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software that gives you the tools you need to close every sale, by keeping track of leads, managing your customer relationships, and more.
The Salesforce.com app links your sales process with your Bill.com payments process, by turning your Closed Won Opportunities into invoices, complete with associated documents, which are ready to be sent to your customers.
The first part of the app installation requires you to install the Bill.com Package in your Salesforce.com account.
- Go to: Bill.com Package, and make sure you're logged in to Salesforce.com
- Select who you want to install the package for - Admins Only, All Users, Specific Profiles
- Once installation is complete, click Done
- Next, you'll want to customize the Opportunity Layout Page. On the left side of the page in Salesforce.com, under Build > Customize > Opportunities, click Page Layouts
- Click Page Layout Assignment
- Click Edit Assignment
- Highlight the Profiles where your page layout should be displayed
- Under Page Layout to Use, select Opportunity-Invoice Layout from the drop-down menu, and click Save
Now that the Bill.com Package is installed in Salesforce.com, return to Bill.com to install the app
- Hover over the gear icon , and then click App Center
- Click Salesforce.com by OneSaas
- Click Connect
- Create a new OneSaas account, or sign in if you have one already
- Click Sign In to Salesforce
- Click Allow to allow the connection
- Click Configure to review and edit the Integration Configurations
- Set Workflows and Sales Tax
- Set your Integration Start Date, Time Zone, and how often syncs occur
To create an invoice from an Opportunity in Salesforce.com, open an Opportunity, and click Create Invoice. Select the products you'd like to be included on the invoice, and click "Save and Send to Bill.com".
The sync will occur automatically every hour; the invoices created in Salesforce.com will be synced to Bill.com, and payment statuses will be synced back to Salesforce.com.