Apply vendor credit when making a payment
Vendor credit can be applied while paying a single bill.
- From the Bills to pay tab on the Overview page, click Pay on the line of the invoice to be paid
- Available credits will auto-populate in the vendor credits section
- Edit the following fields if needed:
- Pay amount - decrease if making a partial payment
- Vendor Credits - increase or decrease amount as needed
- Payment Process Date - the date the Pay amount will be debited from the bank account
- Bank Account - if more than one bank account available
- Memo - by default the invoice # and vendor account # is listed here, add additional memo if applicable
- Click Pay
Apply vendor credit without making a payment
- In the left navigation pane, click Bills
- Click the more options dots
- Click Bills to Pay
- Next to the credits available click Apply
- Enter the amount you'd like to apply from the credits available. Click Apply to automatically fill the Amount to Apply box(es) with the total amount needed to pay the bills, up to the amount of total credits available.
- Click Continue
- Do you need to let your vendor know the bill(s) were paid with vendor credits? You can do that here. The Yes box will be selected by default; just confirm the email address, and click Save. If the vendor does not need to be informed, uncheck the box before clicking Save.
Things to know
- If the bill was paid in full with vendor credits, it will be marked as Paid, and won't appear on the Pay page.
- If there's still a balance, it will appear on the Pay page as Partially Paid.
- The Bill will be paid with credits notification will only show if the bill is paid in full with vendor credits applied.
- If vendor credits applied partially pays a bill, when the remainder of the bill is paid, the payment notification email to the vendor will list any vendor credits and payment applied.