A payment for an invoice can be manually charged for customers that have a bank account or credit card on file.
To manually charge a customer:
- In the left navigation pane, click Actions
- Click Charge a customer
- From the drop-down menu, select the customer to be charged
- Select the Charge Customer bubble
- Enter information such as:
- Memo - Enter notes, if necessary
- Check the "Email Receipt to Customer" box, if an emailed receipt needs to be supplied
- Select the invoice(s) this payment should be applied to and enter the amount to be applied (to each invoice if more than one)
- Select Pay From account - Bank Account or Credit Card
- Choose account to withdraw payment from
- Select Pay On date - Date the payment is to be debited from the customer's bank account (Credit card payments are processed immediately, on the date the payment is being scheduled)
- Click Submit
- Click Done on the Payment Confirmation page
Things to know
- Once the payment is created, the Payments In screen will bear a Payment date which is the projected deposit date.
- Any updates regarding the status of the payment will trigger the issuance of an email, to advise.
- These steps presume that there is already a valid means of payment in the customer profile, and that the applicable portions of the Online Payments section are completed.