Moving money electronically requires us to get to know your business. In the Receivables application, we ask for some information about the company in order to run a soft credit check on the business. The soft credit check will not have a negative impact on credit reports and is used to set a 28 calendar day ACH receivables limit. We set a limit to ensure that payments can be covered by the Bill.com account in the event a customer payment is reversed.
If the application is not submitted, disbursement of customer payments made to the Bill.com account will be put in a Hold status until the application is submitted and approved.
To get to the Receivables application:
- Hover over the gear icon, click Settings or click the gear icon
- Under Receivables, click Online Payments
- Next to ePayment, click Setup
- Multiple options for Ownership type:
- Sole Proprietorship
- Limited Liability Company
- Non-Profit Organization
- Multiple options for Business Ownership:
- Owner of this business
- Principal in this business
- Authorized to receive payments
The application will be reviewed by our payment operations department within 2 business days. If approved, the email address listed on the application will be sent an email notifying them of the receivables limit.
If additional documentation is required (often due to insufficient credit history or if it's a new business),