- What is Inbox Virtual Assistant?
- What else should I know about this feature?
- Will I be charged for this?
- How does Inbox virtual assistant work?
- Why did it not read all fields?
- Can this feature handle multi-page documents?
- What if I want to opt out?
- I wasn't selected as a beta customer, can I request to be?
What is Inbox virtual assistant?
This is a feature that uses advanced technologies like machine learning to extract invoice information from 1-page documents in your Inbox. The information we will attempt to extract are:
- Invoice #
- Invoice date
- Due date
- Vendor name
The information will be prefilled in the review bill screen and the bill will only be created after you review and accept the information.
What else should I know about this feature?
Machine learning gets better over time. During this pilot, if we are not confident with the accuracy of a document, we will not show you any results. Hence, you will see some 1-page documents processed and some that are not. For documents that are not processed by the Inbox Virtual Assistant, they will need to be coded manually.
Will I be charged for this?
Absolutely not! However, we would greatly appreciate any feedback that you might have. Either click on Provide Feedback from the Inbox page and submit it or send an email to email@example.com. This will help us focus on the right things to target building next.
How does Inbox virtual assistant work?
You will see an informational banner at the top of the Inbox, which will provide you the link to this article and also an email address to opt-out, just in case. Once the documents start coming into the Inbox, any documents that can be processed will be highlighted in blue as shown below.
There will be some pieces of information highlighted on the document card - like vendor name, due date and amount.
Once the button Review Bill is clicked, if the vendor is not already in your vendor list, a screen is presented as shown below. From this screen, you can review the new vendor information and decide to
- Create this new vendor for your records by clicking Create new vendor
- Use an existing vendor by selecting it from the drop-down in the Is this an existing vendor? section and click Use this vendor
- Hit Skip without adding a vendor on the bottom right to get to the bill entry screen without adding any information for the vendor.
After taking an action in the above screen, you will be taken to the bill entry screen as shown below with the fields populated. Once you review or edit if applicable, you can hit save to create the bill.
Why did it not read all fields?
Machine learning algorithms will try to predict all 5 required fields for creating the bill. If it can only predict less than 5 with high confidence, we will show you those to give you some help with data entry.
Can this feature handle multi-page documents?
What if I want to opt out?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to opt out of this beta.
I wasn't selected as a beta customer, can I request to be?
Please email email@example.com and we'll make sure you get to experience this beta.